Skip to main content
Why Remarketing is Great for Small Businesses

Why Remarketing is Great for Small Businesses

| WSI Genesis | ,

Remarketing is the process of serving online ads to those who have visited your website but didn’t convert. It used to be popular among larger companies with bigger ad budgets, but this is no longer the case. Thanks to more choices in terms of remarketing software, this marketing tactic is now accessible to companies of all sizes and budgets. In fact, remarketing is affordable and effective, with costs at just a few dollars a day.
Why Remarketing Works
What makes remarketing so effective? Think of it as a follow-up call or email that comes from the sales team. This interaction is an important one because it takes time for people to make a decision. The touch point is a chance to answer questions, engage a customer and strengthen trust and loyalty. Research shows that only 2% of sales happen at the first meeting, so if you don’t implement remarketing, you’re missing out on a lot of potential customers.
Think about your own website. If only 2% of web traffic converts on the first visit, what is happening to the other 98%? Remarketing helps you reach these customers and encourage them to convert.
Is it Affordable?
One of the first questions that small business owners has is in regards to the cost of remarketing. Thankfully, this is one marketing tactic that you CAN afford. Plus, if you’re already investing in advertising, remarketing can help you fully capture the true value of your visitors.
You can remarket directly on Facebook or Google Display Network, or you can use a third-party platform. There are many great platforms out there that can make remarketing easier and more efficient. There is an added cost for the software, but many marketers find that it’s well worth it for the convenience and efficiency. On the flip side, remarketing on Facebook or Google allows you to set your budget and choose how you pay (per impressions or per click).
Tips for Getting Started
Once you determine what platform you will be using to remarket visitors, start by building a list of those who have visited your site but did not convert. This way, you’ll only show ads to those who are not a customer or lead. You’ll need to set a frequency cap so that targeted visitors will only see your ads a certain number of times a day. You don’t want them to get annoyed. You can also set the length of your remarketing cycle so that you’re only showing ads to visitors for a certain amount of time. There’s no need to pay for ads if the visitors no longer have interest in your brand.
Remarketing is a great way to capture visitors who did not originally convert. To learn more about how remarketing can work for your small business, give WSI Net Advantage a call at 510-687-9737 or fill out our contact form.

About the Author

Kevin Dean, President of WSI Net Advantage…


The Best Digital Marketing Insight and Advice

The WSI Digital Marketing Blog is your go-to-place to get tips, tricks and best practices on all things digital marketing related. Check out our latest posts.

We are committed to protecting your privacy. For more info, please review our Privacy and Cookie Policies. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Don’t stop the learning now!

Here are some other blog posts you may be interested in.

Transition to Google Analytics 4

Transition from Universal Analytics to GA4 Transition from Universal Analytics to GA4 As the world of digital market…

Social Media Management vs. Growth

Social Media Management vs. Growth What does each mean and where do they fit in your marketing strategy? Summary:…

Types of Facebook Ads

Types of Facebook Ads Types of Facebook Ads Summary: Facebook ads are a great way to reach out to potential …