What’s the Latest in Luxury Home Building?
Building a custom home gives you the freedom to design every square foot of space to your taste. From the layout to choosing the building materials and interior finishing, you can select what works best for you and your family. Before your architect finalizes the blueprint, explore the latest trends in luxury home building, so you can decide exactly what you want.
Hot Trends in Silicon Valley Custom Homes
- Lighter-colored flooring: Washed wood finishes like ash, grey and white as well as stone floors are the newest hot favorites. These lighter shades brighten up the room and also show less dirt. If you prefer dark flooring, consider slightly lighter tones. With specialty designs and multi-tonal colors, engineered wood flooring provides an exotic look.
- Open concept floor plans: Today’s contemporary homes are moving towards open concept floor plans because they appear more spacious and allow better flow. For example, in an open concept layout, the kitchen, family room and living room flow into each other and are great for large gatherings. A vaulted ceiling will add a dramatic impact and give it a lofty feel.
- Multi-functional rooms: Many custom home owners want their rooms to work smarter; meaning, they serve multiple purposes. Your living room may be a place for the family to congregate, entertain guests and also be a relaxation area. You can plan your décor and furniture accordingly.
- Stylish kitchens: Choose your design, materials and appliances carefully. The kitchen is the heart of your home and a big selling point too. Stainless steel and granite are seen in most homes today. You may want to explore more luxurious options like engineered stone counters and glass appliances. As with flooring, lighter-colored and white cabinets are making a comeback.
- Statement features: Glass and metal are dominant decorating features today. Some homes have replaced walls between the living, dining and family room areas with metal and glass doors that disappear with the press of a button. Others have huge decorative motifs to embellish the staircase. If contemporary is not your style, consider metallic art. You can also make a distinctive statement with color. Use bold shades or furnishings to accent certain walls and areas of a room.
- Outdoor kitchens: These are almost a standard feature of modern luxury homes. They can be fully equipped with an oven, grill, refrigerator, sink and a bar for barbeques and dinner parties. Some even include large television sets.
Work with a Trusted Luxury Home Builder
At Flegel’s Construction Co., we consider it an honor to build your custom home. By working to understand exactly what you want, we are able to realize your vision. We are happy to work with your designer/architect to ensure your new home construction project is a success. We have customers across Silicon Valley, including in Palo Alto, Los Altos, San Jose, Cupertino, Mountain View and Sunnyvale, CA.
Call 408-269-1101 or contact us online to learn more about the latest trends in luxury home building.
Originally posted at https://www.flegelsconstruction.com/latest-in-luxury-home-building/