Top Private Schools
How to Evaluate the Bay Area’s Top Private Schools
Parents who wish to enroll their children in one of the top private schools in the Bay Area have many factors to consider.
The cost of tuition is a major concern for many parents. A family must decide for itself what it is worth paying to send a child to a private middle school. Alsion Montessori in Fremont offers a tuition structure we believe helps make the school an outstanding overall educational value.
However, there are additional aspects you may consider when deciding which of the top private schools in our area will best prepare your middle school student for success in high school and beyond.
Top Private Schools Offer Challenging Curriculums, Parental Involvement
Alsion Montessori suggests parents keep these factors in mind when researching the top private schools:
- Founding principles. A quality school should have a clearly articulated mission statement that reflects its educational goals. Alsion Montessori’s statement also mentions the middle school’s use of methods espoused by 20th century educator Maria Montessori. We believe her precepts effectively instill in young students a deep desire to learn, even beyond the classroom.
- The quality of the faculty. Alsion suggests you visit our campus to witness the special bond our teachers have with students. Our small class sizes facilitate individualized instruction and promote cooperation among students.
- Parental involvement. The Alsion Community Association is the chief avenue of communication between the middle school’s administrators, teachers, and parents. ACA activities during a typical school year include helping to support the school and community with volunteer projects, as well as informational meetings.
- A diverse, rigorous curriculum. Alsion’s holistic approach to learning challenges students in and out of the classroom. In addition to challenging courses in core subjects, among the most popular extracurricular activities are our Biome Trips, which are week-long field trips that enable middle school students to study the ecology, human history, geology, climate and economy of diverse regions of California. Other extracurricular projects include:
- Market Day, which showcases students’ entrepreneurial projects
- Model United Nations, and
- The Coffeehouse, a dinner-and-show project that allows students to demonstrate their talents
- A record of success. Alsion alumni, who maintain close ties with their alma mater, have gone on to become outstanding high school graduates. Colleges our students have attended include Duke University, Boston University, UC Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon, Harvey Mudd College, and Cornell University.
Alsion – A Top Private School Close to You
The Alsion Montessori community encourages you to tour our Fremont campus and discuss your child’s educational future with our teachers and administrators.
As one of the Bay Area’s top private schools, Alsion is conveniently located near Mission San Jose and the cities of Fremont, Newark, Pleasanton, and Milpitas. Call Call 510-445-1127 today to schedule a campus visit.
Originally posted at: http://www.alsionschool.org/top-private-schools/