Tips for New Sliding Glass Door Installation
Sliding glass doors are a beautiful addition to any living space that opens up to a balcony or backyard. They make the room look bigger by allowing in more natural light and brightening up the interiors. Here are some useful tips for your new sliding glass door installation.
- Pick a style: Choose from a variety of sliding door options to match your unique requirements. For example, pocket doors slide conveniently into the wall to completely open up your space. Larger openings, on the other hand, may include more than two panels. These doors are also available in many glass types. Choose clear glass to open up the view for your kitchen or family room. To let natural light into your tub and shower area, clear glass is again, a good choice. If privacy is a priority, tinted or frosted glass might be a better option. You may also want to consider glass with UV protection for greater energy efficiency.
- Consider size: This is an important but often neglected aspect. Most Bay Area homeowners tend to restrict themselves to the existing opening for a new sliding glass door installation. We recommend that you should also consider usage and traffic to decide whether the current opening is appropriate. If your door opens out on to a deck or balcony, and you have sufficient wall space, you might be able to install a bigger door. This will make entertaining easier when you have more people going in and out of this area.
- Pay attention to trims: In some cases, you may need to purchase a trim and finish the door. Consider maintenance requirements before making your choice. Vinyl is cost-effective, long lasting, and low-maintenance; hence, it is a popular choice. However, to maintain a uniform look, you may want to match the wood trim on your front door and windows.
- Double check measurements: Sliding doors are usually ordered smaller than the opening. You should measure the existing door, unless you are looking specifically for a larger one. Also, consider the sill before installing the new door. To avoid any sizing issues, you should have a trained installer take the measurements.
- Select an experienced sliding door installation company: Product quality and installation skills will affect the operation and lifespan of your new sliding glass door. We have the knowledge and experience to help you avoid many common operational issues.
New Sliding Glass Door Installation by Bay Area Experts
A1 On Track Sliding Door Inc. provides quality products and services to Bay Area homeowners. From patio doors, to tub and shower doors, and closet doors, we are your one-stop-shop for new installations and sliding door repairs.
Read the testimonials of our customers who are happy to recommend us to family and friends.
Call 408-866-0267 today to schedule an appointment for new sliding glass door installation in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Originally posted at: https://www.slidingdoorrepair.com/new-sliding-glass-door-installation/