The Role of Landscaping in New Home Construction
Landscaping Plays an Important Role in New Home Construction
Bring In A Trusted And Experienced Contractor For Your Project
Your yard is an extension of your home, and the role of landscaping in your new home construction is far more important than you may have imagined. A well-designed landscape that considers the location, lot size, elevation and foundation of your property will add tremendous value, now and into the future.
Take Your New Build from Good to Great with Efficient Landscaping
When it comes to a custom-built home, you must not only plan the interior structure and layout, but also think of the aesthetics and functionality of the space outside. An experienced contractor will conduct a site inventory and prepare the blueprints for planning and executing a landscape of your dreams.
Here are some of the advantages of planned landscaping for new home construction:
- A thorough analysis of the topography, soil type and micro-climate will help in determining which trees, plants and shrubs will thrive in your yard.
- A comprehensive site inventory will help generate an accurate blueprint showing power lines, underground utilities, septic tanks, or roof overhangs. This will serve as the foundation for spatial planning while planting trees, creating vegetation beds or hardscaping elements such as driveways, sidewalks and patios.
- An assessment of your lifestyle and needs will go a long way in designing an aesthetically pleasing and functional landscape. For example:
- The size of your family, presence of pets and frequency of visitors will help determine a practical layout with easy access to all elements of the yard. It will also allow for better planning of entries and exits for your front and back yard.
- Based on the age of your children and your entertaining requirements, you could incorporate several additional elements. A pool, a soft-sand play area, a water feature or an outdoor kitchen, these are some options to consider.
- Do you prefer a hands-on or hands-off style of yard maintenance? This is an important consideration when deciding the amount of turf, type of vegetation, irrigation system, and other aspects of your landscape plan.
- A well-contoured landscape will have a proper gradient and drainage system that prevents basement flooding or muddy rainwater pools in your yard.
Landscaping for New Home Construction is an Art—Bring in the Experts!
At Flegel’s Construction Co., we have decades of experience in building new homes. We believe in a holistic approach to construction and focus on landscaping just as much as we do on building the house. Our landscaping specialists will consider your design aspirations, budget, and current and future needs. These factors will form the basis for planning your yard’s overall style, theme, the link spaces and hardscaping elements.
Don’t ignore the role of landscaping in new home construction. Our delighted customers across the Bay Area are already experiencing the benefits of planned landscaping.
Want scenic vistas, land contours, lush vegetation and a range of functional landscaping features in your new Bay Area home? Call 408-269-1101 to set up a consultation or contact us online.
Originally posted at