Tips to Help You Choose Proper Outdoor Furnishings for Eichlers
Decorate Your Patio and Garden in Style!
Are you planning to update the atrium, patio or garden of your Eichler home? When selecting furniture and accessories, it is important to (a) maintain a good balance between old and new, and (b) keep the flow between indoor and outdoor living. The size, scale, materials and colors of your outdoor furniture and accessories are critical to preserving the integrity of the mid-century modern design. Choose with the same care as you would for rooms inside your house. Here is some valuable advice from our team on selecting proper outdoor furnishings for Eichlers.
5 Key Considerations for Furnishing Eichler Atriums, Patios and Gardens
- Function: First, determine how you will use the outdoor space. Are you looking to entertain guests or create a tranquil spot for you and your family to relax? Perhaps it’s both! Do you have the space to create distinct areas or will you need to add seating when entertaining a group? Answering these important questions will make it easier to decide on what type of furniture to look for.
- Space: The amount of space available will impact how much furniture you can accommodate and indicate appropriate sizing. Keep in mind that there should be enough room to move around. After all, Eichler homes are known for their unmistakable ‘less is more’ design.
- Scale: Bulky pieces will overwhelm and crowd a compact space while small ones will get lost in a large area. Big furniture also seems out of place in an intimate setting. Take a moment to reflect on the surrounding landscape before you select chairs, tables and other accessories. For instance, square and rectangular tables are ideal for spaces located close to your home. Oval and round ones, on the other hand, are better suited to irregular-shaped areas and can seat more people. Remember that chairs and side tables must have some degree of mobility as you are likely to move them around.
- Style and material: New or vintage—which look is better? The answer is subjective and depends on your personal style. However, note that period pieces can be expensive and difficult to maintain. Modern vintage creations offer the best of both worlds with classic designs in low-maintenance materials. Smart and playful contemporary furniture is also a stylish option. Whatever you choose, keep it simple and casual. Cast aluminum, fiberglass, wire mesh, etc., there are a host of materials that look elegant, complement the Eichler design and can be used indoors and outdoors.
- Accessories: Go for a splash of color and a little whimsy in your planters and outdoor art. For example, pottery with architectural forms will make a handsome addition to your patio or garden and accent the simple lines of your furniture.
Hire Eichler Home Remodeling Experts to Revitalize Your Outdoors
As Eichler remodeling specialists, we are adept at maintaining a fine balance between the mid-century modern charm and contemporary luxuries. Whether you are upgrading your entire home or renovating the outdoor area, you can count on us to make your dreams come true.
With an unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction, we continue to serve a growing roster of happy customers across Silicon Valley, including in Palo Alto, Los Altos, San Jose, Cupertino, Mountain View and Sunnyvale, CA.
Call 408-269-1101 or contact us online to learn more about proper outdoor furnishings for Eichlers.
Originally posted at https://www.flegelsconstruction.com/proper-outdoor-furnishings-for-eichlers/