New Home Building Starts with a Plan
New Home Building is a Complex Project. Do You Have a Plan?
Get Your Basics Right
Thinking of constructing your own personal haven, but not sure where to begin? Building a new home starts with a comprehensive plan that helps you navigate the entire project successfully, in time and on budget. As premier construction experts, we know how important it is to get your basics right. After all, it is the quality of your plan that can make or break your dream home project.
Characteristics of a Well-Made, New Home Building Plan
Building a new home is an exciting process, as long as you have a meticulous plan that keeps you on track every step of the way. It is not just about the schematic designs, with layouts and floor plans. From inspections and approvals, to design and materials, a well-made plan considers every aspect of the project. It helps you visualize the desired outcomes, and work out the finer details of structural elements, construction methods, materials, costs and timelines. Moreover, it also accounts for potential obstacles, and provides likely solutions to resolve each problem.
Partner with a trusted construction expert who can help you put together an all-inclusive custom home building plan. Ensure that the plan includes aspects, such as:
- Approvals and procedural interventions: In older towns, such as Palo Alto, or protected areas, such as Los Altos Hills, you may have to conform to several city, or neighborhood-specific construction requirements. A good plan will list:
- Various guidelines and local building codes that you need to adhere to
- Licenses and permits required for construction
- Inspections that you need to pass for each step of construction to move forward
- Layout, labor and materials: Did you get a feasibility analysis to check project scope and viability? Do you have rough estimates of the time and cost of labor, permits and building materials? A well-documented plan will help you track progress of all the listed parameters in terms of quality, timelines and budget.
- Design and lifestyle-based features: Want a layout that integrates the natural surroundings into your home? Do you prefer interiors that make generous use of your favorite hardwood? You may have several design or material preferences, while creating a luxurious and functional new build. Does your plan incorporate the design statement you want to make, or the custom features that suit your lifestyle?
Protect Your Investment with the Bay Area’s Top Construction Contractor
When it comes to building a new home, focus on controlling costs, shortening timelines and avoiding expensive mistakes. With over 30 years of experience, Flegel’s Construction has the local knowledge and expertise to help you plan and build a custom home. From conducting a feasibility analysis and obtaining permits, to providing professional recommendations and project management services, we address all the requirements of new home construction. Our extensive planning ensures seamless, timely and cost-effective completion of each step, allowing you to sit back and enjoy the process of building your dream home.
Partner with Flegel’s Construction and let our thoughtfully created plans set you up for success in your new home building project. Call 408-269-1101 to schedule a consultation or contact us online.
Originally posted at https://www.flegelsconstruction.com/new-home-building-starts-with-a-plan/