Dog Doors Keep Your Pet Healthy
Pet doors encourage good health in dogs and cats. Being able to relieve themselves when they need to is one of the most important benefits. Holding it in for too long increases their risk of contracting bladder, kidney and urinary tract infections. Unfortunately, you cannot always be there to let them out. By providing easy access to the backyard when they must go, dog doors keep your pet healthy. Avoid messy accidents when you come home to your pet who has been alone indoors.
How Many Times Should You Let Your Dog Out?
New pet owners are typically unsure about how many times their pooches may need to do their business. While adult dogs usually need to urinate 4 to 5 times a day, the schedule might vary with breed, age and diet. Here are some guidelines to help.
- Puppies: Like babies, puppies and young dogs need to urinate frequently. According to vets, you might have to take them out every hour. They may also need to go after a meal, active playtime, or getting a drink of water.
- Adult dogs: Usually, adult dogs can go for at least 8 hours without urinating. But remember, just like humans, every dog is unique. Pacing, whining, scratching or standing by the door are signs that Fido needs to go. However, some pets may not indicate in time, or at all. In such cases, having a dog door is a huge relief for your pet and you.
- Smaller breeds: They need to relieve themselves more frequently than larger breeds as they have smaller bladders.
- Working dogs: Some guard dogs might be able to hold on for 10 to 12 hours. However, you should not make your pet wait for more than 8 hours.
- Seniors: You may need to let them out every 4 to 6 hours, depending on their overall health.
- Sick canines: Health plays a critical role in urinating frequency. Being overweight, on medication, having specific medical conditions like diabetes or drinking more water than usual could cause them to go more often.
Keep Your Dog or Cat Healthy with a Good Quality Pet Door
Your animal’s health, comfort and safety are of utmost importance. Pet doors offer freedom for your four-legged friends and you!
At A1 On Track Sliding Door, Inc., we offer custom sizes to match your dog or cat. Our energy-efficient pet doors fit seamlessly and securely into your existing sliding glass door panel. Count on our professional mobile team to provide prompt response to your installation and repair requests. For over 28 years, Bay Area homeowners have relied on our high-quality doors and great service. Read these testimonials from our customers.
Ask our friendly and knowledgeable team about how our dog doors keep your pet healthy.
Call 408-866-0267 today to schedule an appointment. If it slides, we’ll make it glide.
Originally posted at https://www.slidingdoorrepair.com/dog-doors-keep-your-pet-healthy/