How to Clean Sliding Screen Doors
Sliding screen doors get frustratingly dirty, what with all the hard-to-reach nooks and crannies between the screen and the glass door.
However, keeping the doors relatively clean is important. Rollers can become worn from dust, dirt and debris in the track, making a slider difficult to open and close.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to clean sliding screen doors:
- There’s no way to avoid it – a thorough cleaning requires removal of the screen door. Loosen the screws at either the top or the bottom of the door just enough to be able to raise the door slightly within the frame, then pull the door out of the frame.
- Clean the metal wheels on top and bottom of the screen door with a wire brush. A toothbrush may not get the job done.
- Spray each wheel with silicone spray. Roll the wheels with a finger as you spray, to make sure the wheels are well coated. Use only a spray is silicone-based. Other lubricants leave gunk on the wheels.
- Use your wire brush to clean the screen door track. Sweep or vacuum the track afterward, and wipe it down with a damp cloth. The cleaner your track, the less often you have to go through this whole process.
- Replace the screen door by slipping it into the track at the top of the frame, then positioning it into the track at the bottom. Ope and close the screen door a few times to be certain it is in place correctly. Tighten the screws.
Depending on how dirty your sliding screen door gets, you may have to clean it again in a couple months. The few minutes this project takes are well worth your time.
If your busy life prevents you from taking the time to maintain your sliders, or if your doors need repairs or replacement, call 408-866-0267 to schedule an appointment with A-1 On Track., the sliding door professionals.
Originally posted at: http://www.slidingdoorrepair.com/how-to-clean-sliding-screen-doors/
Tags: clean sliding doors