5 Problems to Avoid in a Kitchen Remodel
MONEY-SAVING ADVICE FROM TRUSTED RENOVATION CONTRACTORS
Renovating the heart of your Santa Clara home is a big project. It’s important to plan properly and hire a trustworthy contractor for the job. If you choose your contractor based solely on price, poor quality and ill-fitting materials,delayed deliveries and shoddy workmanship can push their price way beyond the initial estimate. Here are 5 common issues you can avoid in your kitchen remodel.
DON’T MAKE THESE MISTAKES WHEN REMODELING YOUR KITCHEN
- Hiring the cheapest contractor: Never choose are modeling company based on the lowest price. A really low estimate can mean poor quality and shortcuts which will cost more to fix. There may be hidden charges that will surprise you as the work progresses. Understand the type of services each contractor is offering as you compare different bids. Get a detailed scope of work and pricing to stay within your budget and avoid any nasty surprises.
- Not having a remodeling plan: Having a collection of ideas that you simply string together can inflate your renovation budget and worse still, leave you with a kitchen you don’t like. Hiring a remodeling specialist spares you the pain of spending your money on the wrong upgrades.
- Indecisiveness: Changing your mind about the flooring, backsplash, countertop and other fixtures once work has already begun is a costly mistake. With 3-D renderings, we can help you visualize what your kitchen design will look like and make any necessary changes at this stage.
- Cutting corners on infrastructure, materials and appliances: Sacrificing quality for price is likely to cost you more in the long run. Aesthetics aside,cheap fixtures, appliances and materials are also harder to maintain and have a shorter lifespan. Also remember that your kitchen makeover is only as good as the plumbing and electrical infrastructure that support it. You may need to upgrade these first.
- Underestimating project timeframe: Renovating your kitchen can take anywhere from a few weeks to a month or more, depending on the scope of work. This means you will not be able to use it during that period. Make sure you have an alternative space or plan for preparing your meals.
HIRE SANTA CLARA’S KITCHEN SPECIALISTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL REMODEL
At California Bathroom & Kitchen Remodelers, we offer complete design and retrofit services to renovate one of the most important rooms in your home. Our beautifully-designed spaces bring your family and friends together to create many memorable moments. With skilled craftsmanship and careful attention to detail, we complete your project within the specified budget and timeframe.
Since 1994, we have served homeowners across the Santa Clara Valley, including in Willow Glen, San Jose, Almaden, Cambrian, Santa Clara,Los Gatos and Los Altos Hills, CA. Read these testimonials from our customers who are happy to recommend our quality workmanship and customer service.
Originally posted at https://www.cabr.net/5-problems-to-avoid-in-a-kitchen-remodel/