Sliding Door Pet Doors
Each home, animal and owner are different. If you are thinking about getting a sliding door pet panel installed, consider both the positive and negative aspects of this type of panel to help ensure you make the right decision.
Benefits Provided by Pet Doors in Your Sliding Door
Aside from the convenience afforded to you and your fur baby, there are other pros to having a sliding pet panel:
- Visually Appealing: As long as your door is a fairly common color, you can find a sliding pet door to match.
- Economical: This type of panel should generally form a good seal in the frame so too much air doesn’t get in or out.
- Simple to Install: Putting in a sliding pet door doesn’t always require professional installation but for a great finish and guaranteed operation, it is best to hire an installation expert.
If your pet enjoys the outdoors, a pet door of some kind is worth considering.
Potential Drawbacks to Pet Panels In Your Sliding Door
While it might seem like this type of door could make life much easier for you and your pooch, there are some downsides to think about:
- Chance of Incompatibility: If your door was custom designed or is unique, the panels may not fit.
- Security Issues: The panels don’t allow your sliding door to use its original lock, so you will need to find a different way to secure your door.
- Decreased Doorway Space: Because the panels sit in the existing track of your sliding door, there won’t be as much room for people to go in and out.
Frequently owners decide that the simple pet doors placed in the current sliding door tracks are not super attractive and can be a hassle for a frequently used door. There are lots of options! To find out just call the experienced professionals at A-1 On Track.
Consult a Professional
At A-1 On Track, we have our clients’ best interests in mind. The pet doors our professional technicians install are energy-efficient, secure and convenient. Contact us today at 408-866-0267 to learn more about the types of pet doors we offer for your sliding door.
Originally posted at https://www.slidingdoorrepair.com/sliding-door-pet-doors/