5 Christmas Activities to Experience in Napa Valley
Enjoy the magic of Christmas and the festive spirit throughout wine country. Napa Valley transforms from a rustic destination into a breathtaking display of lights, Christmas trees, and fanciful decorations.
If you plan to visit Napa Valley for Christmas, there are numerous events hosted throughout the month of December. To soak up the Christmas spirit, put these five at the top of your to-do list:
- Napa Valley Santa Wine Train: The Napa Valley Santa Wine Train is hosted from November 18th through December 29th. Enjoy traditional hot chocolate and fresh baked cookies while you ride along the countryside in the historic Wine Train. During your trip, you will have games, sing-alongs, and a cast of North Pole characters to entertain you and the entire family.
- Christmas Parade: On November 25th, catch the 55th Annual Christmas Parade in downtown Napa. The parade starts at 5 pm, so you can watch the lights and floats as they run from Second Street toward School Street.
- Reindeer Run: Whether you are an avid runner or a spectator, the 6th Annual Reindeer Run is something you cannot miss. On December 2nd, watch runners head through the Thompson Trail as they race to victory. Proceeds go to the KHOPE International Foundation and are used for the ACHS Scholarships.
- Art Festival: Light becomes a work of art during the Napa Valley Lighted Art Festival. Starting December 9th, experience this one-of-a-kind art walk featuring 10 to 15 pieces of artwork installed throughout downtown Napa and in the Oxbow District.
- The Holiday Trolley: In downtown Napa, you will find the holiday trolley starting December 1st and running on the weekends until December 17th. This holiday trolley takes you on a light tour of historic downtown Napa and the neighborhoods. The tour’s proceeds are donated to the Foster Children of Napa Valley.
While you are here to experience the festivities of Christmas in wine country, stay at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites. Our past guests love their experiences with us. See for yourself what they have to say:
“Very clean room, great location, super helpful staff…”
“The Napa Valley Inn has a great location and the staff is friendly, helpful, and fun to be around. The rooms were clean and parking outstanding in downtown Napa.”
“Near everything! Clean, perfect service and the front desk employees are very helpful. You can walk to restaurants, wine tasting, ice cream, and bars.”
Book your holiday stay with the team at Napa Valley Hotel and Suites and let us be part of your Christmas experience. Book your room online or call 707-226-1871 to make a reservation. Do not forget our Christmas packages!